Sepiachord.com has invited moi to submit a track to their upcoming "Passport" compilation.
I am in the process of recording my contribution, a new tango that I created just for this project. It is the tale of a very wicked dance instructor who teaches unwary young women much more than they ever bargained for.
I wrote some of my most twisted, and darkest lyrics to date, for this, and even composed the melody- my first tango ever- yay!
In addition to my vocals, instrumentation consists of accordion, contrabass, and some gorgeous solo violin work by a wonderfully accomplished guest player, who shall remain nameless for the moment.
I won't say anything more, as I wish to tease and entice vous into frothing, lustful madness, so that vous will immediately acquire a copy of the recording when it is released later this Spring.
There will be tracks by a number of Sepiachord favorite artists included on the upcoming "Passport" compilation as well, including my dear sometime collaborator Seth Bedford. Other artists to be announced...
However, the first compilation volume, "The Sepiachord Companion" which was released last year, has the following track list (And it is sonic Heaven to listen, I might add, and copies are still available for purchase through Sepiachord.com):
1. Sepia Theme (Toy Box Trio)
2. The Industrial Revolution (Voltaire)
3. Heroin Pig (Walter Sickert & the Army of Broken Toys)
4. Until the Day I Die (Abney Park)
5. Raymond Dog Boy (The Scarring Party)
6. Long Red Hair (Vermillion Lies)
7. The Keys (Unwoman)
8. Torture (Jill Tracy)
9. Just Four Weeks (The Bad Things)
10. Sweatshop Fire (Curtis Eller's American Circus)
11. Rivolta Silenziosa (HUMANWINE)
12. Unsought (Harlequin Jones)
13. Permission Withdrawn: Broken Time Machine Mix (The Fog People)
14. The Last Express (Vernian Process)
15. Hobo Girl Blues (One Beer Prophet)