Maurice Chevalier said, "Thank Heaven for little girls," & Veronique Chevalier says, "Thank Hell for La Moi!"
She's a twisted Edith Piaf from an alternate reality; Parodist; Creatrix of Gothic Polka,
& Inventrix of Steampunk Haiku, aka "Steamku."


Wednesday, December 24, 2008

* From the Archive: 5 Year-old Veronique & The Cheesy Santa

Well, Boils & Ghouls, I just stumbled upon this little photographic gem, and thought it would be good for a guffaw. The moi you see was just a wee tot of five at the time of this underwhelming Kodak moment. Notice how my spindly little fingers, poised to morph into claws, are attempting to repel the perverted pseudo-elf's covert advances, just as my saucer-like eyes dialate in abject fear, and my lower lip curls to its lowest position before issuing forth with a pathetic gutteral yowl.

That year, my parents figured out how to keep my Xmess demands to a minimum, for I was apparently so grateful to escape this encounter with my life that I completely forgot to want anything...And the image also proves that I am really undead, for the sign above Santa's shoulder attests to the fact that the year was 1500. I've aged well, don't you think?

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment